2/23/13

A Portuguese Translation

Sometimes you happen upon phrases that really stick with you. This one, a sketchy translation of some portuguese that I was working with at my job, puts me into a comfortable state of mind. So comfortable in fact, that I made it into a 'quote graphic' just to give it more visual character. It's a fun experiment with different typefaces and imagery. Photo is from my time spent in Cape Town, South Africa along the Western coast of the peninsula.


Typefaces in order of appearance: Ostrich Sans, Chunk, Lobster, Blackout
All available for free under the Open Font License

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Übersetzungsbüro englisch Hi, sorry to bother you but I just want to suggest to you that the 1st sentence of the 1st stanza which goes 'Silently the stage was dancing into Fligia' would sound better like this 'Silently we dance on the stage in Phrygian clothes'.

    ReplyDelete